Interests: Experiments which are Repeatable and show Unexpected Results Age: 64
- I'm a friend of Dr. John E. Chappell Jr., who was present when NPA was formed.
- I was a neighbor and friend of Lee Coe of Berkeley.
- I have VHS home movies of some of the early meetings in San Francisco and Santa Barbara.
My profession is as a lowly technician, but my eyes were opened by my friend Lee Coe to the idea that certain thinkers had dominion over free thinking and discouraged it in others. In school I was a poor student, eventually I understood enough to question some of the mainstream thinking. When I left there my mind was befuddled, Lee was like a breath of fresh air. How liberating it was when he asked me what I thought of Einstein's relativity. I answered that it didn't make much sense to me. Lee said, "That means you can think for yourself!" "Those who claim it's all hunky dory are just trying to get ahead." I felt a 100 pound weight lifted from me and have never looked back.
- Biggest regret, that I never developed a talent to work things out in full (mathematical) detail.
- I enjoy listening to others who are good at it.